I’m just curious, if you’re reading this, are you like me in that you are always over estimating yourself?
I used to lie to myself and try to convince myself how great I was. But there was nothing in my life that reflected those thoughts back to me and I would constantly fall into deep depressions. The distance between how I thought of myself in my mind and my reality was infinite.
I could not master my life in the way I wanted to!
After various business and self development courses, books and listening to countless YouTube videos to try and aim towards my life goals (which I really didn’t even have much clarity on), I realized the mind was the key to everyones success and failures!
How meditation has helped me with my life goals
So I started meditating and found a method where you learn to self reflect and clear away all the limiting beliefs, the doubts, the negativity, the uncontrollable thoughts, feelings and emotions.
I was then able to see clearly who I am and what my capacity is!
I cleared away everything in my mind from all my past conditioning, and my life goal became very clear – help people and design and build meditation centre’s.
An invaluable goal setting technique you can use
I learnt a method for goal setting in one of the business courses I went to that the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) use. They have an incredibly high success rate and are one of the most successful organisations on the planet..
You start from the top down with your biggest life goals and work your way down to your daily goals.
- Life goal – your biggest and wildest life goal. Be very clear.
- 10 year goals – what 3 goals in the next 10 years will you need to accomplish to achieve your life goal.
- Yearly goals – what 3 goals will you need to achieve this year towards 1 of your 10 year goals.
- Quarterly goals – what 3 goals will lead into 1 of your yearly goals.
- Monthly goals – what 3–5 goals will lead to achieving your quarterly goals.
- Weekly goals – what weekly goals will help you to achieve your monthly goals.
- Daily goals – what daily goals will help you achieve your weekly goals.
Then each day, psychologically, you have the motivation to know that everything is leading to your life goal! It’s a great psychological hack.
What it’s really all about
Just like the process above, don’t be disheartened if your life sucks now. I was depressed, negative, hopeless, unreliable, a drug addict. It was only when I changed my mind that everything changed!
- Change your thoughts, then your actions change!
- Change your actions, then your habits change!
- Change your habits, then your life changes!
- Change your life, then your destiny changes!
Then you can carve your way through life as the master of your own destiny!