What are some characteristics of successful people?
How do you define success? I’m proud of my success because I’m free from my past self.
My past self
1. Due to constant thoughts, I procrastinate.
2. It is my perception that my two sons are inferior beings with weak physical strength and incapacity to succeed in school.
3. Without effort, I hope for a successful outcome.
4. It is difficult for me to stay consistent at work.
What I am now
1. Time to think less and procrastinate less.
2. My sons are not a concern to me. There is no need to worry, the children are doing well in school.
3. It’s not about success, it’s just about doing my best.
4. Little by little, non-stop effort every day.
the image from IMDB
My past self developed into the present me for only one reason. My desire to help others led me to meet many people. Laughing, crying, and working with those people made a huge difference. I used to know myself, work hard for myself, and live for myself only. The more I helped, the more my consciousness expanded, and the more I used my body constantly, the less distracted I felt.
Meditation inspired me to help others. Meditation has matured me and I have found that throughout my life I have received countless amounts of care from family, friends, community, and nature. In order to repay that love, I have changed my useless self.
The past is no longer a part of me, nor do I refer to it. The past is just the past. My goal is to live my life to the fullest extent possible today.
When I started meditating six years ago, I was a housewife who was angry at the smallest mistakes made by my children and husband. By continuing to meditate, I was able to let go of my egocentric mind and my behavior changed. In my current position, I teach character education to children and develop school programs.
Money and fame don’t make me feel like I’ve succeeded. I have changed my mind and my actions. I have lived my entire life tied to my thoughts, but now that I’ve changed my mind, I can live the life I want.